Tracieisland

Monday, January 23, 2006


A Comforting thought.

When l hear that someone has passed away and l feel that it was unexpected or unfair as the person felt too young to be passing from this life l think of this and it is far from spiritual but somehow comforting to me;

Think of a gardener who tends to his garden; lovingly spending a lot of time and effort and reaping the rewards when everything is in full bloom and looking so vibrant. We know that a flower in it's rightful place looks beautiful and the gardener wants it too last for a long time and has put in a lot of maintenance to achieve this, but even knowing all of this sometimes the gardener chooses to cut a flower at it's most beautiful time to take it indoors and enjoy it all to himself, leaving one wondering why on earth he would want to cut it down so prematurely and prevent others from enjoying it. I suppose that's the gardener's choice; after all he takes care of the garden.

2 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, Blogger SarahB said...

This is a great thought, Tracie. Tony said something very similar at Daniel's service.

I gain immense comfort from knowing that God doesn't leave anything to chance and he knows how to tend all the blooms in the garden. He knows when we are going to flower. It is very hard to understand why at these times, His solution isn't ours. All I can say is that I trust in God's perspective as I'll understand it when I get to Heaven...

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Tracie I'm glad you shared that, it is very beautiful, isn't it great to encourage each other at this time, I have found reading everyones thoughts and memories of Neil just so moving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home