Tracieisland

Thursday, November 01, 2007

WHAT A SHOCK

What a day......l went to pick Claire up from school. It was pouring with rain; although shocking for here, thats not what l'm blogging about.
We were just coming out of the gate when a lad on a bike rode past and all of a sudden l noticed a car pulling into the school carpark and thought that bikes not stopping and neither is the car. Both myself and Claire screamed out but it was too late the enevitable happened and the car hit the lad who then went up on the bonnet and then back onto the ground. I ran over and said stay still with that he jumped up and was rather shocked, he was a bit heavy for me to lift and so he hobbled along with me towards the office. I then noticed a man and shouted can you come and carry this lad hes just been hit by a car; only to find that the man was the boys father, anyway an ambulance was called and hopfully he got away with cuts and bruise; although he may have broken his arm, l stayed and waited to give a statement to the police.
It really shakes you up seeing something like that - l really felt for the driver; although l dont think she could have been paying attention.
Just thankful it turned out as it did it could have been a lot worse.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Nicole's Psalm said...

Hi Tracie, lovely to read your comment on my blog. I try to blog once a month although I just did one. I went to Ruth's birthday party at Carol's and saw your card to her and she was telling me how she phoned you and the story about the spider. It would be strange for you all this christmas in the sunshine. How traumatic to see an accident. It reminds when I use to work in accident and emergency. Those days we still had our fair share of accidents. Nicole

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Seeing something like this can sure shake one up. Isn't it interesting that his dad was nearby. I'm glad the boy wasn't hurt worse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home