Tracieisland

Sunday, October 16, 2005



IF GOD SHOULD GO ON STRIKE.
IT'S just as well that GOD above has never gone on strike, Because He thought we'd been unfair or for things He didn't like. If He had even once sat down and said I've had enough, Of those on earth,so this I'll do - I'll make the going tough. I'll give my order to the sun, cut off the heat supply, And to the moon give no more light, and run their rivers dry; Then first to make it really tough, and put the pressure on, I'll turn off all the oxygen, till every breath is gone. He'd really be quite justified, if justice is the claim, For no one has been more abused, or treated with disdain than God - and yet He carries on, Supplying you and me with all the favours of his grace and everything is free. If men may want a better deal, then out on strike they go, But what a deal we've given God for everything we owe. We don't care whome we hurt to gain the things we like, But what a mess we'd all be in if God should go on strike.

Found this in the late Florry Turner's bible. Tony Tween gave the bible to me at Florry's funeral and it still blesses me to this day with 'snippets' l find within the pages.

5 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Tracie, this is brill! where did you get your picture from?
the words are thought provoking, we often take things God has blessed us with for granted thanks for your compliment on above blog, your so sweet! have a good week and God bless!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Tracie said...

Hi Helen
For picture - go to google images and type in christian animation and there you are -go on the one where lots of people are all over a bible and then 'christian clipart' comes up.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger PatK said...

Tracie, I love this! Hope you don't mind, but I've copied it to Rhi. We are always on the lookout for stuff like this to put in our monthly notes to parents at Oaks and Acorns. This fits the bill brilliantly! Thought-provoking, and maybe wil start some useful conversations.

Great blog, by the way. Would you like me to link your page to mine?

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Tracie said...

Hi Pat
Yes please - am new at all this blog stuff - think l ve added some links today!! have to ask luke later if l've done it correctly!!
bye 4 now

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger PatK said...

Link complete - welcome aboard!

I love the animation - must try and figure this one out! I've only just figured out photos - so you're well ahead of the game!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home