Tracieisland

Wednesday, November 02, 2005


Funny Story !! My dad and his wife,Sylvie live in Spain and have done for a couple of years now. They brought a property and have been doing it up over that period of time, neither of them speak the language, add that to the fact that my dad is a bit of an old cockney being just about as far away from Christian life as they come !
One of the first things they had to sort out was the drainage, so they employed a local builder by the name of Jesus; the Spanish pronounce it a lot differently than it's spelt, and my dad; being my dad, says it just as it's spelt !
Well over time the drainage system has had numerous problems and they have had the builder back on many occasions. The last occasion my dad rang and complained he got off the phone and Sylvie said how did you get on ? and my dad said, " You better get this place tidied up, Jesus is coming back and he's bringing his dad with him !!
This really tickled me when he told me.

1 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Me and Simon think this is so funny, it's great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home