Tracieisland

Sunday, June 04, 2006



INSPIRED BY HELEN !!!


Well l thought if helen can hold Harriet !

In all seriousness though l heard that Oaklands museum was holding an open afternoon to show birds snakes and spiders, so popped up there with Claire in an attempt to bet one of my fears (particularly as Australia is well known for having quite a few creepie crawlies) Claire was so brave and put one round her neck and so l had to at least touch one but was really brave and held one; only because l told the lady that l had a fear of them and not to let the head end near me, and she didn't !!
As a child l had a really traumatic nightmare where a massive python lay at the side of my body all night and l had to stay dead still eventually l flinched and the snake bit my neck and l died; at this point l woke up believing that in the pitch dark, that l had died !! Horrible, horrible, still remember it well considering l was 6 at the time........probably would explain my sweaty palms and nausea yesterday!!

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Tracie WELL DONE!
your face just says it all!
I have to say I'm not sure I would fancy holding that, I'll stick to little fluffy hamsters for now!
But what a horrible dream, I heard someone clever on tv talking about dreams and how the best way to deal with them is to give them a positive happy ending - to say it out loud in the night, this gives it closure, we use this with our children and it works, however I'm not sure that I could think of a happy ending for your dream though!!!

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger SarahB said...

Well done, Tracie. Impressed! I once had a snake put round my head on holiday when I was sitting in the wrong place when the snake tamer came along... Apparently my grin was frozen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home