Tracieisland

Sunday, September 28, 2008

MAGPIES
Its magpie season here, this means they get a bit irrate at times; a friend had one swoop down and dive bomb the back of her head and it drew blood!!
Poor Claire went for a little bike ride and came flying through the door 10 mins later sheet white and shaking!! (still pushing bike)
Yes you've guessed it.............four magpies took an instant disliking for her and swooped her all the way home the poor girl was terrified!!
I didn't think she'd ever go out again but hayho off she went today Good job the wearing of a cycle helmet is compulsary here!!
I was advised if she sticks eyes on the back of a hat or helmet the magpies will leave her alone.

2 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I wonder if she were to tie a furry stuffed toy cat onto her bike if they would be so brave. I think it's horrible that they would draw blood.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Merle said...

Dear Tracie ~~ Just a quick hello to wish
you a very Happy Birthday ` a day late.
Sorry about that, but I have my brother and his mate staying here at present.
Anyway, I hope you had a lo vey day, and
got some surprises.
Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home