Tracieisland

Monday, February 09, 2009

The terrible fires roar on tonight in Victoria and our hearts go out to all those that have lost loved ones;their
homes and all their treasured belongings. Whilst watching the news footage it struck me that the Australian people
have a tremendous community spirit that unites in times of tragedy. The countries leaders have had much compassion
towards the victims and they themselves are struggling to hide their emotions in the public eye.I am far from political but do recognize that measures that are being taken promptly to help the people in very
practical ways; being new to the country this is very comforting to know that the country's leaders look after its people in their hour of need.Please pray for all australians caught up in these awful conditions.I cannot even begin to comprehend what goes through the minds of the arsonists that start these fires.

4 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Merle said...

Dear Tracie ~~ Good post about the awful fires and the loss of life and homes, livestock and wild animals.
Thank you so much for your message of concern. I do appreciate it Tracie
I hope you never have to face anything like that. Take care,
Love, Merle.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I have been praying for them.
Nothing shakes our security more than a disaster like this and it is refreshing to know the government is right there to help the people.
I saw a picture of a Kangaroo running from the fire and it broke my heart for the poor thing.
I pray it's over soon and the people can start healing and rebuilding.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Hi Tracie, we saw the dreadful pictures on the news of those that survived and their only posessions being the clothes they stood in. I thought the Priminister was lovely hugging and crying with the people obviously a man of compassion for his country.
I don't know how they will recover from this but the community seems strong and hopefully this will be of some help, Take care,
Helen xxx

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Merle said...

Dear Tracie ~~ I got a comment today from Mountain Mama asking about you and if you were OK. I think she had the idea the fires went as far as
South Australia. Anyway Tracie - I also hope all is well with you and your family. Could you do a post or e mail one of us. Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home