Tracieisland

Sunday, February 12, 2006


CHURCH TODAY...... Two things really tickled me today at church:- Mike got up to preach and after a couple of minutes l thought oh l'll get my packet of mints out and offer one to Andy and one to a lady called Maria sitting beside me (to be friendly) when l retreived the packet from the bottom of my bag l found that there only appeared to be three mints left so trying to be as descreet as l could l gently but firmly pulled the packet open to reveal the sweets and offer them around - well the next thing was that the packet came open and two of the mints shot out and went between my and Maria's shoulders to the row behind - so much for being disceet this really gave me the giggles as l couldn't turn round and explain why l had thrown a couple of sweets, my mouth was then really watering as l had geared up for having a bit of mouth freshness and thought l can't very well eat the last one to myself so just dropped it in the bottom of my handbag.

The other thing was that as we were leaving the church today Andy had stopped to talk to John kennett in the corridor and as l was waiting to leave l looked down to notice Andy was standing on something.........it was some joke teeth that our Claire had brought on holiday last year and being the big kids that we are, we've used them more than she!!! Hence they were in Andy's jacket pocket and he must have dropped them - they looked even funnier under his shoe and it gave me the giggles to say Andy you've dropped your teeth, by then he was standing next to Jenny Lee who must have thought l meant real false teeth!! We thought less said the better and made our way home !!
I'm sure Andy is going to love to see this snap on my blog.

3 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Helen said...

That is so funny, the mints flying to the people behind you, hope they were grateful!
Love the photo!!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Brilliant!!

Our church is full of funny fantastic people...

I always love the bit of James and Tracey French's testimony when they said they saw Elim on stars in the eyes a few years back when they were trying to find a church to go to and decided watching that that we must be a church with a sense of humour!! We sure are!!!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger SarahB said...

Like it!!

Wish I had been in the row behind where it was raining sweets - my kind of service...

Andy looks like the Harry Enfield character, Tim nice but Dim...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home