Tracieisland

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I rang my mum a day after she had started the cemo (Wed) and she was on a high and was making curtains and allsorts.
My brother texted me to say that she wasn't feeling too good and l have since spoken to my mum this evening, she has spent two days between her bed and the loo; she sounded quite low, l found this really upsetting especially not being able to just pop to her and just be able to do the little things. I stressed that she really has got to try and rest more as l'm sure the abundance of energy she had was too build her up for what was about to surface, she doesn't make a good patient at the best of times, she lives alone but does have an older sister nearby and my eldest brother a 40 min drive away so shes not totally alone over there but it's still hard being this far away, she says that her appertite has gone out of the window.
I attended church last sunday and really felt touched. Ann got up and spoke about God being there holding our hands as we do with little ones and said that even though we may fall God's always there and its ok because we're under his covering, also another lady spoke of a vision of running a race and jumping the hurdles and as l sat there l could picture the hurdles of life and really felt that my hurdles were so close together that l didn't even have a chance of a good run up between them (in fact l actually felt like running up and pushing them all over!!) but to hear that God is right there with me; running the race, if you like. i found this really comforting.........my very own cheerleader ..........God himself.
This is amazing as l was sitting here sharing these thoughts l really felt the need to get out my baptismal text and here it is .................Duet:31v8............The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid and do not be discouraged......................Wow........... what timing!
l did intend on updating on other news but l think l'll leave it there.

2 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

God bless you and your family. It is so difficult to have a loved one ill, and so much the worse when we can't be there to help and comfort them. I pray your dear mum gets all the help she needs and you will be blessed with peace.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger SarahB said...

Hi tracey,

It was great to see you at Church on Sunday but I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to chat. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you not being able to do "the little things" for your Mum but just entrust her to God's care. So many people are praying for Judy (and her family!!)

May you feel comforted by God's increasing strength during this time and his love and faithfulness.

God bless and a hug,

Sarah x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home