Tracieisland

Monday, January 08, 2007



CLIMBED A MOUNTAIN!!


Had a great time at the LakeDistrict at christmas; in fact it was the best christmas in ages We went on a "moderate" walk!!! 4/5 miles l was told; and nobody told me anything about a mountain!! well you'd probably consider it a big hill !! but listen to me,it was a mountain in my book (it was more than 20ft!!)
They kept telling me what an achievment l would have when l got down which is of no comfort when your toes are clawing the insides of your insoles and the only thing your looking out for at every opportunity is a collection bin for unwanted dirty underwear!! the thing that really got to me was the fact l wasn't awarded a bravery badge at the finish post, l did get the standardry family shot as evidence of the momenteous occasion when reaching the top!!
I have a strong inbuilt sense to feel safe at every occasion especially when accompanying young children in very steep places (its a maternal thing) but yes l made it and am here to tell the tale, although at times it was a close call!! and being particulally snotty to ones husband brought a little comfort in such difficult circumstances; especially as he played a part in picking the route whilst in the tourist info place.
I have to include a piccy just to re-live the moment again and to remember "All things are possible"
If anything my trip made me realise how 'comfortable' l have become in everyday living. to be out in Gods creation in the elements made me feel very vunrable at times, l suppose because l have become so unaccustomed in such areas; but to feel the wind blowing through your hair at the top of a mountain and take in the view was such an experience.

3 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger Merle said...

Hi Tracie ~~ Congratulations on climbing the mountain. You did well.
Thank you for your visit, glad you enjoyed the jokes. Good luck selling your house. Do you have any idea of where you hope to settle in Oz? It is
such a huge land, but it is great and
has lots of variety. Take care, Love,
Merle.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Wow that looks a beautiful place to go, I love your account of the climb and I think you should have a bravery award! bet you slept well that night, I love what you have written at the end - a beautiful description of Gods amazing creation,

lovely to chat with you the other day,

Helen x.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Judy said...

Tracie, how beautiful... and congratulations on getting out of your comfort zone and doing something different. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home